Do you suspect you have diabetes?What are the diabetes symbols for women? Diabetes mellitus in women is a disease that adversely affects people’s daily lives and, if left untreated, reduces the quality of life of the person in the future and causes it to become more difficult.
The pancreas organ secretes the hormone insulin. Insulin hormone; It makes sure that the sugar taken from the food you eat is broken down into glucose in the body and passed into the cells through the blood. In this way, it contributes to obtaining the energy to be used in the metabolic events required for the cells.
There are two types of diabetes caused by the lack of insulin hormone or not being able to use it properly.
type 1 diabetes; It is caused by a deficiency of the hormone insulin and is usually seen in people under the age of 30.
type 2 diabetes; It is seen in people over the age of 40 due to excessive weight gain. If your relatives have someone with this type of diabetes, you are more likely to have this disease genetically. Therefore, you should pay attention to your daily calorie intake, exercise and avoid excess weight gain.
Diabetes Symptoms for women;
- frequent urination,
- delayed healing of skin wounds,
- skin dryness,
- vaginal dryness,
- drinking a lot of water,
- low sexual desire,
- dry mouth and desire to drink a lot of water,
- sudden weight loss or sudden weight gain,
- blurred vision,
- excessive hunger,
- genital tract infections,
- tingling or numbness in the feet,
- itching of the skin.
In addition, one of the symptoms of diabetes in women is that the body becomes more prone to infections.
How Is Diabetes Treatment In Women?
Today, diabetes, which is found in most people, can improve the quality of life of people if treated.
Untreated type 2 diabetes can lead to blindness and organ loss. For this reason, the earlier the disease is recognized and treated, the better it is for the person.
With regular exercise and nutrition as your doctor deems appropriate, you can prevent the progression and worsening of your disease, and even if you are in the initial stage of type 2 diabetes, you can make your disease go away.
- You should definitely stay away from sugary, unhealthy, fast-food, foods and drinks that raise blood sugar suddenly.
- You should consume foods rich in protein such as red meat and fish.
- You should eat on time and enough.
- You should do about 30 minutes of walking and exercise daily.
- If your doctor has given you pills or insulin injections as necessary, you must do them on time and regularly.
- If you are on a diet, you should write and paste the weight you want to reach on a piece of paper where you can see it all the time.
- You must be patient to reach your ideal weight.
Things to consider in case of diabetes in women
When diabetes is seen in women, the first thing to do is to check whether the blood sugar level has reached the level it should be in the first period of diagnosis of the disease.
For these controls, it is important to have the necessary blood tests done at the intervals determined by your physician and to follow up with the glucose meter you have at home.
The most important thing you need to pay attention to in order to bring your blood sugar to a normal level as quickly as possible is to eat a regular and balanced diet.
Of course, in order to have a regular and balanced diet, you must have ensured your sleep pattern. Otherwise, you may engage in wrong behaviors such as eating at night.
The second thing you should do is do regular walking or cardio exercises. According to studies, regular walking improves your blood sugar levels. It is also important that you maintain your blood sugar level after you have brought it back to normal. You can get help from an internist or a nutritionist about how to protect it.
What Is Diabetic Ketoacedosis?
Diabetic ketoacidosis can occur in women, men, or children. The main reason for the emergence of this situation is not being diagnosed with diabetes or not taking the necessary care in the treatment of diabetes.
Symptoms of diabetic ketoacidosis:
- Frequent urination because the kidneys are working more than necessary,
- Weakness or weakness,
- Pain in the abdomen,
- Nausea and vomiting,
- Fruity scented breath,
- Reflection of the fluid lost in the body as excessive thirst due to frequent urination,
- Shortness of breath.
If you are vomiting and cannot tolerate food or liquids, if you cannot bring your blood sugar level closer to normal, if you feel stressed and sick, you should go to the nearest health facility and be examined immediately.
- Can Women with Diabetes Conceive?Women with diabetes are likely to have problems conceiving in some cases. It would not be healthy to give clear information. However, you can get information after meeting with your specialist doctor, exchanging ideas and necessary tests.
Does Diabetes in Women Affect Sexuality?
It is quite possible for a woman diagnosed with diabetes to have sexual reluctance and vaginal dryness in some cases. However, it is also useful to get information from your specialist doctor in order to prevent the symptoms that may occur in this way.
Is Sports and Nutrition Important in Diabetes?
Sports and nutrition are very important in diabetes. In general, a regular and healthy life will strengthen the body’s resistance. However, the sports and nutrition program should be created with the support of your specialist doctor. It may not be very beneficial to prepare a program as an individual.
What to Do When You Have Diabetes Symptoms
If you have symptoms of diabetes, the first point you should do is to go to the hospital and see a doctor who is an expert in the field. The necessary diagnosis will be made with the guidance of your doctor. However, you should not think and believe that you have diabetes as an individual.